Bar

Academics Beauty College Cooking Freshman Health Life Style Work Sorority Sisters YouTube Sorority Sisters Twitter Image Map

Monday, September 12, 2011

How to take notes (my way)




So I've been in college for a month now and the most important thing I've learned is how to take great notes so I decided to share my tips. You can take notes two ways on a computer or write them out I like taking my notes by hand because I feel like I learn better that way.


Head your paper
At the top of my paper I like to write the subject and section title for example: Biology Ch. 1 section 1 this way when I go back to review my notes I'll know what notes go with what section.

Colorful pens
Black pens bore me when I'm studying I find that if I write in a hot pink or purple pen I won't stray off and get distracted (I'm a sucker for colorful pens lol).

Color coordinate
I swear by color coordinating everything in my life keeps me organized what I do is write the title (Notes, places, people, & dates) in one color and write my actual notes in another color that coordinates (pink & purple or blue & green) this helps me study better instead of my notes being a one color if they're in different colors it'll be easier when it's time to highlight for a study guide.

Highlighters
I swear by highlighters without them I'd be lost use a highlighters that coordinates with your pen color and highlight any and everything you might think is going to be on a test.

I always used these tips in high school and now that I'm in college they've come in handy more than they did in high school, I hoped my tips helped some of you and that you use them and have a great school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment