Bar

Academics Beauty College Cooking Freshman Health Life Style Work Sorority Sisters YouTube Sorority Sisters Twitter Image Map

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

[FINISHED 8/12] "Holy Grail" Items: Thermal Water

My first day working at a drug store, I wandered over to cosmetics and the cosmetician was standing there misting herself with water and I said, "what the heck is that?!" She replied, "thermal water!" and from that moment my life had changed forever.


Thermal water is, quite frankly, water! It comes in an aerosol can, and contains tons of minerals and antioxidants. Studies have shown that your skin's health benefits greatly from thermal water. It soothes the skin, and is so refreshing. There are no added fragrances or chemicals. It comes straight from the earth!

So what's in it?
Minerals, baby! Minerals and antioxidants!

Vichy's Thermal Water contains:
Bicarbonates, Chloride, Potassium, Fluorine, Sodium, Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, and Neutral PH, in addition to the 100% pure spring water.


Avene also makes a thermal spring water. Avene's thermal spring water is more suited for those with sensitive skin than Vichy's, as the salt content is lower. Other than that, they're both comparable.

So what can you use thermal water for?

Almost anything! It can be used to set your make-up, and to freshen up your make-up throughout the day (and give you that "fresh" dewey look any time, anywhere!). It's great for sunburns or other mild burns. It can help soothe diaper rash. Thermal spring water is excellent for freshening up after a workout, or cooling down if you're hot (in the summer I just sit outside and spray myself constantly!). I always have a bottle with me when I'm travelling, to help get rid of that gross, muggy, dirty feeling I get after I've been on planes and on busses and in cars for hours on end. It's excellent for use after shaving, too.

According to Avene's website, thermal water is also used post surgery, post procedure, for those with skin prone to redness, acne, keratosis, or eczema. It can be used to soothe allergic reactions or any skin irritation.

It's been recommended by dermatologists (even MY dermatologist recommended it to me!) and cosmeticians for years. It's all-natural, with many uses, and is completely foolproof! I cannot speak highly enough about thermal spring water.

How is it for price?
Quite reasonable, actually. A 300mL bottle sells for $21.00CAN at London Drugs (or $17 on sale). 300mL can last you years! If you see it, I definitely recommend picking up a can. You can't really can't go wrong!


No comments:

Post a Comment