Bar

Academics Beauty College Cooking Freshman Health Life Style Work Sorority Sisters YouTube Sorority Sisters Twitter Image Map

Monday, August 8, 2011

Dealing with Relationships


With the upcoming school year coming there's a lot on my mind and one of them is how I'm going to deal with being away from my boyfriend :'( It's 4am and I'm up writing this blog because it kinda helps me...Anyway back on topic I'm entering college a year early and my boyfriend is a senior in highschool, so how am I suppose to deal with being away from a guy I've seen everyday for almost a year? I came up with a few ideas :)

"Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it." -Thomas Fuller




Skype and ooVoo

Possibly the two greatest inventions ever! I plan on having a lot of skype and oovoo dates this year, it's also a great way for me to see my mom and friends going to other schools. The great thing about ooVoo is you can record your conversations and watch them whenever you want! So I think this is a must for every college student not just ones in relationships.

Phone Calls

Phone calls are nice I love staying on the phone for hours so nightly phone calls are a must. I'm going to be on the phone a lot anyway talking to my mom who I'm sure will be calling me every morning to say "GoodMorning" and every night to say "GoodNight" and tell me about her day, so staying on the phone for a couple more hours with my boyfriend would be great.

Texting
This one comes without thinking it's almost second nature for us to text everyday, it's probably going to be the easiest way for us to communicate because I know my schedule is going to be crazy. So texting throughout the day is going to be the main thing to do.
Visits
My college is two hours away from the city I grew up in and I'll have my car so I know I'll be making trips back home every other weekend to see my mom so these short little trips should help a lot even though they'll be temporary it'll be nice to see him in person.

But the most important thing is TRUST no matter how far away we are from each other we just have to trust that our relationship is strong enough to deal with it. This is going to be our first long distance relationship so it's going to be hard but we'll make it through!
Also I wanna say thanks so much Tay for the advice she gave me because it all turned out great just like you said it would :)

No comments:

Post a Comment